BSc (Hons) Applied Business Management
The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship blends the essential digital, management and professional skills needed to thrive in the future workforce.
About the programme
The Chartered Manager degree apprenticeship in Applied Business Management is designed to build in-demand skills, knowledge and behaviours that current and aspiring managers need to thrive.
The programme is suitable for a wide range of professional roles, and blends essential leadership, management and professional skills that will build effective leaders with measurable impact. We also integrate in-demand digital and data skills to enable the degree candidates to embrace new technology and use it effectively to meet demands within their organisations.
BSc (Hons) Applied Business Management*
2.5 years accelerated degree apprenticeship (excluding End Point Assessment)
Degree apprentices will develop their competencies in core professional skills such as interpersonal and business communication, people and project management, as well as teamwork and leadership.
Our programme structure enables the degree apprentices to have measurable immediate impact and gain confidence in their roles.
- Management and Leadership Practice
- Using and Presenting Business Intelligence
- Managing People and Teams
- Technology, Innovation and Change
- Sales and Operational Planning
- Finance for non-financial Managers
- Collaborative Management Practice
- Contemporary Issues in Business and Management
- Strategic Management
- Managing Business Projects
- Synoptic project: Research
- Synoptic project: Development
Through the programme we have also integrated essential digital skills that enable apprentices to embrace technology and innovation as part of driving organisational strategy and growth.
Click here to download the approved programme specification.
Successful completion of the programme will enable degree candidates to gain an accredited undergraduate degree*, whilst building invaluable work experience and industry knowledge. They will also receive a CMI Chartered Manager status**.
*This Degree Apprenticeship has been designed by the Corndel CCL Team and is delivered by Corndel Ltd. The Degree is awarded by Kingston University.
**CMI accreditation subject to successfully completing an endpoint assessment by the CMI.
Our assessment will consist of:
- Practical tasks and simulations
- Real work-based problem solving and projects
We welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds and educational experiences, and we evaluate each candidate individually. As a guide, in addition to having the right to live and work in the UK and satisfying government funding criteria, a typical candidate will have:
- Good functional literacy and numeracy skills. Usually this will be A* to C/9-4 in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent. If you can demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills but cannot provide evidence of a suitable qualification, you must complete Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications alongside the apprenticeship. There are no additional costs for these.
- Level three qualifications (e.g. BTEC Nationals or A-levels) equivalent to 104 UCAS Points or above. This equivalent to DMM for a BTEC or BCC for A-levels.
- Completed employment recruitment processes run by CCL or an employer, or both.
To study a degree apprenticeship, you must have (and remain in) a suitable job and be nominated by your employer.
If you are unsure about your suitability for the programme, please contact us to discuss your qualifications and experience.
Once your place on the programme has been confirmed, you will:
- Meet your Professional Development Expert virtually or in person.
- Be introduced to the technology and resources available to you during your programme.
- Join a launch event where you will be able to meet other degree apprentices who have also recently enrolled into their programmes.
We provide a flexible blended, personalised delivery that includes:
- Regular 1-2-1 coaching with experienced industry professionals
- Bite-sized, interactive learning content
- Monthly group tutorials and workshops
- Digital skills workshops
- Cutting-edge bi-monthly lectures
- Inspirational quarterly landmark events
The degree apprentices will take full ownership of their learning through our trailblazing flipped learning approach and a highly personalised delivery model. Close support will be provided by our professional development experts (PDEs) at every step of the way, working in partnership with your workplace line manager.
There are 12 30-credit modules in total and, usually, learners will need to study for about 300 hours per module. We’ve designed this to typically* break down as:
- 63% work-based learning. We manage this by working with your employer to ensure your role has suitable opportunities for you to explore and apply what you are doing in your studies. We meet regularly with you and your employer to facilitate this;
- 19% will be self-directed study. For example, reading and researching to support your studies or preparing your assessment;
- 15% will be studying using our online materials, this includes completing formative tasks to help you quickly reflect on and apply your learning;
- 2.5% will be 1:1 meetings with your PDE coach, including your employer where appropriate to manage your work-based learning opportunities.
*Different learners will spend more or less of their time across these activities and this may in turn vary between modules (e.g. you may be more interested in a module and spend more time reading around the subject, or you might find you can complete one assessment quicker than another). The intended breakdown of hours may also vary between modules: for example as you manage your final project you’ll spend a lower proration of your time using our online materials.
Degree apprentices become part of a vibrant student community, with inspirational talks and professional development workshops. Our landmark events will bring the entire student community together for talks and lectures by industry leaders, providing apprentices with the opportunity to network with peers from different employers and sectors.
Degree apprenticeships are funded by employers through the apprenticeship levy.
You must have the right to work in the UK and have been resident for at least three years prior to commencing the programme.
Eligibility requirements for funding are determined by the government and may change.
If you are an employer please contact us by completing the form on this page to discuss how this programme can support you in developing effective managers across your organisation.
If you are a school leaver, graduate or current employee please contact us by completing the form on this page to discuss how this programme will set you on your path to reach your professional goals.
Why Chartered Manager for employers?
Equip your current and aspiring managers with core leadership skills to fast track a route into key management positions. The programme is specifically aimed at developing effective leadership and management skills, in addition to communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and behaviours. It includes a broad range of disciplines such as project management, business finance, sales and operational strategy. Your degree apprentices will also be equipped with essential professional and digital skills.
Why Chartered Manager for students?
If you aspire to leading people, teams and businesses, then the Chartered Manager programme is a crucial step towards developing the right skills to build your future management career. Regardless of which industry you are in or plan to enter, the skills, knowledge and behaviours you will learn are highly transferable and sought-after by employers. You will be able to see theory come into practice and have immediate impact in your role. Upon completion of the programme you will be equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills to go on to a variety of roles, including head of department, team leader, project manager and many more.
44% of employers believe graduates lack at least one essential interpersonal skill (negotiating, commercial awareness, business communication).
Powered by Corndel
Transformational learning with measurable impact
Corndel is a multi award-winning management and digital skills provider working with over 30% of the FTSE 100, as well as major public and third sector organisations. It is a top-rated UK provider amongst employers and learners, offering apprenticeships and bespoke solutions at all levels. Since its inception, Corndel has consistently delivered transformational learning that maximises professional potential for thousands of employees across the country’s leading organisations.
CCL’s degree offering is powered by this expertise and knowledge, and brought to life by Corndel’s partnerships with leading employers such as BP, Aon, Asda and Legal and General.
The Chartered Manager degree apprenticeship standard was originally developed by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and top employers to deliver a programme that equip graduates with the leadership skills needed to be effective within their organisations.
CMI is the only organisation in the UK that can award Chartered Manager status to their members – the gold standard in management. They are also active in business policy making and ensure that their more than 130,000 members are represented in policy decision making.